Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bad Kitty


Meet my nemesis Trot.

About 3 years ago when Josh and I were in negotiations as to when we would have a child, I decided that I wanted a cat. I wanted something to cuddle up in my lap and love on me at the end of a hard day.

A few days later when we went to the pet store to pick up some dog food, I noticed that it was adoption day and saw all of the cute little kittens snoozing away in their little cages. I HAD. TO. HAVE. ONE. I have no idea why either. I had never been a cat person. Honestly I thought that they were kinda moody and evil. The worst feeling in the world, according to me, is when a cat rubs against your leg.. ugh!

So anyways, as I stared into the cages I noticed a tabby that seemed pretty cool. The adoption worker noted that the tabby was more playful and the other cats were pretty lazy. Of course I wanted the more playful kitten, who wouldn't? This was my first mistake. We brought Trot home that night and of course I promptly came down with the flu. It was only a sign of things to come.

To put it nicely Trot and I have learned to co-exist. Trot LOVES Josh and pretty much wants nothing to do with me. When ever I attempt to walk down the hallway or do anything he is usually trying to claw at the back of my feet or lay down directly in the middle of that path in which I am walking. He spends evenings curled up on Josh's lap loving on him. I guess you could say that I'm resentful. I feed and water Trot, clean his litter box, and also give him special cat snacks. All I get back from him is harassment, and scratches on the back of my legs.

1 comment:

anymommy said...

We had a dog just like this. He would actually growl at me when I tried to get into bed with my husband at night. A trainer told us that he considered me below him in the pack. Great. Now we have three kids and I'm still the lowest one in the pack.