Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mountain Vacation

For the last 7 days I have been in the high sierras enjoying a little R&R. Well, as much rest and relaxation that comes with chasing a 2 year old around a lake, a stream, and several ducks. Not exactly relaxing, but fun. We spent many days walking around exploring different trails, feeding ducks and fish, spotting deer and hearing very scary stories about the bears that enter the campground after dark.
We spent our vacation at Silver Lake Resort. It's a place that I have been going to since I was born. Its a very special place for my family. My brother and I spent many summers riding bikes, fishing, and exploring. Its a tradition that I hope to keep alive with my own family. So far I have been successful. My husband loves camping and fishing and Jackson's first trip was when he was just 6 weeks old. What we do however does not exactly count as 'camping' per say. We own a travel trailer with a full bathroom, queen size bed, tv, and a killer sound system. I am spoiled.

On our last day at Silver Lake my mom, sister-in-law, brother and I decided to go for a hike. I am athletic and in pretty good shape but was no where near ready for what I went through that fateful morning. Oh My Goodness! I swear Laura (SIL) and I were near death several times. It's hard for me to breathe good anyways at the high elevation just walking can be hard sometimes, but climbing 2.1 miles and going up 12oo feet in elevation.. Oh dear God!


Needless to say, I survived! We are all now back home safe and sound, ready to get back to normal.

No comments: